save image with code...

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

mycelium

save image with code...

Post by mycelium »

It happened to me to find some pictures of old designs but I was not able to reproduce them anymore, so I thought about this feature.

Source code of the design, the variation code, and the version number could be sticked in the image itself, maybe a jpeg or tiff format, in a comment field (like Exif data of a digital camera).

This would also be an easy way to have the file saved with a big preview...

in alternative a text file with same filename of image saved at the same time with this informations can do the same job.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: save image with code...

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I actually toyed with embedded source code a while back so that you could upload to Flickr and have the source automatically display with the image. But it didn't format well. I can probably slip this in before I release CF3 beta.

mycelium

Re: save image with code...

Post by mycelium »

tnx for reply john. I hope this feature can be useful not for my use only.
I never thought about that use on flickr and it seems to me a good thing to have that "compatibility".
Also I posted this here as a reminder, I don't think this is urgent and I look forward to playing with CF3 beta.