flattr tags for the Gallery?

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Guigui

flattr tags for the Gallery?

Post by Guigui »

Hello there,

There's been a while I didn't sent in the forums.

I just discovered the flattr tags that just have been implemented on OpenProcessing. I think it's fun (yes, I enroll ^^) and may draw trafic to CFA.

Here you can see how it looks like, it's the small button under the Gravatar profile picture.

So it's a kind of advertizing, I did here. I hope it's not trivial, as money might sometime be.
http://flattr.com
8^)

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: flattr tags for the Gallery?

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Hi guigui!

I'm trying to understand flattr so help me with how it works.

1) A gallery user would register their FlattrID with contextfreeart.org. The easiest way for me to do that is through the forum user profile (since the gallery doesn't have a user profile).
2) When a gallery user is registered in flattr then they can submit their designs as flattr Things. When they bring up one of their designs there will be a button for registering the design as a flattr Thing.
3) When a gallery user is registered on flattr and they view a design that is registered as a flattr Thing then there will be a button to click on to flattr the design.

Guigui

Post by Guigui »

Hi John,
1) A gallery user would register their FlattrID with contextfreeart.org. The easiest way for me to do that is through the forum user profile (since the gallery doesn't have a user profile).
Yes.
2) When a gallery user is registered in flattr then they can submit their designs as flattr Things.When they bring up one of their designs there will be a button for registering the design as a flattr Thing.
I believe it can be this way or even be automatic: when a gallery user is registered in flattr, all the designs of this user have a flattr button.
3) When a gallery user is registered on flattr and they view a design that is registered as a flattr Thing then there will be a button to click on to flattr the design.
Yes, it seems to be like that in OpenProcessing. Also, I've seen a flattr button on a blog where I'm not registered. Here the button brings me to a flattr page where I can log and flatter the author.

It's brand new in OpenProcessing so I didn't find yet others flattr things except mines. I hope I will soon.
8^)

credmond

Post by credmond »

Guigui,

Through your post I discovered OpenProcessing. Interesting site!

credmond