Change to documentation of primitive shapes

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Monkstone

Change to documentation of primitive shapes

Post by Monkstone »

I think that the coordinates of the equilateral triangle should be (0, 1/sqrt(3)), (-0.5, -sqrt(3)/6), (0.5, -sqrt(3)/6). I only came across this because it caused me a bit of pain when implementing the triangle in Jeremy Ashkenas context free DSL (in ruby processing). It looks quite a promising effort by Jeremy. One big plus point is that he has created a control panel and you can alter the random seed interactively. Currently more suitable for hackers than artists though.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You're right. That image was created by user pakin. If he is following the cfdg forums then maybe he will update the diagram with the correct triangle coordinates.

But, it's a wiki. Anyone can fix it.

http://www.contextfreeart.org/mediawiki ... inates.png

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You can close your drawing applications. Pakin is going to fix it soon.

pakin

Post by pakin »

MtnViewJohn wrote:You can close your drawing applications. Pakin is going to fix it soon.
Done. The result looks fine on the Primitive Shapes page and as a high-resolution image but has corrupted colors as a low-resolution image. Any idea what's up with that?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

We're running an old version of Mediawiki. It's probably a bug. Upgrading the wiki and the forums is on my todo list.

kipling

mediawiki

Post by kipling »

Looks like Mediawiki suffers Protanopia