gallery forks, render in-browser

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

forresto

gallery forks, render in-browser

Post by forresto »

Wonderfl has a cool feature that allows you to edit ActionScript code and compile Flash in-browser. This encourages experimentation without the step of a download.

The other cool feature of that site is forking, which keeps track of where your code came from. This could be implemented simply on this site by adding a "forked from:" comment with url when you download a .cfdg file. More complex uses of this would keep track of how often a composition is forked and link parent compositions to children, etc.

kipling

see wiki for version 3

Post by kipling »

Funnily enough, in response to MVJ's request for suggestions to CF3, I added a similar suggestion. Join in the discussion on the documentation wiki. (Documentation -> Recent changes is the quickest way in)

Zirgion

Re: gallery forks, render in-browser

Post by Zirgion »

forresto wrote:Wonderfl has a cool feature that allows you to edit ActionScript code and compile Flash in-browser.
This is actually off-topic from me:
Since Adobe has decided not to include the ActionScript compiler in the Flash plugin, I'd hazard that the Flash application uploads your code and compiles it on the server, after which it just sends a link to the compiled swf (and all the build messages etc).

How ever, this would be a nice way to "evolve" a cfdg. Unfortunately it would put some strain on the server (depending on how many people actually use it).