ANN: jEdit Syntax file for cfdg

Here you can discuss and share functionality improvements and helper programs to make Context Free better.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Monkstone

ANN: jEdit Syntax file for cfdg

Post by Monkstone »

A little while ago, I created a syntax (highlighting) file for cfdg for jEdit, this can be downloaded as a community download from the jEdit website. I have now added a commando file that allows you to run context free from within jEdit (therefore effectively a gui that can be used cross platform, might of interest to fellow linux users?). Latest update to commando file 10 April 2010, allows entry of variation string, output choice now combo-box. 8), somebody else must like it, 100+ downloads.

Monkstone

Re: ANN: jEdit Syntax file for cfdg

Post by Monkstone »

The most recent version supports version 3.0 alpha, comments/suggestions on the syntax highlighting welcome. Of course it's dead easy to customise the basic elements, just edit the xml file.

Monkstone

Post by Monkstone »

I thought this thread worth a bump, I hadn't realised before that I was so far ahead of the game with support for CF3 syntax highlighting, I always find syntax highlighting to help working with new language features. Let me know if there are any elements I have missed, I have introduced the new elements as I have used/experimented with them (hence some elements I might have missed).

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

When version 3 is released I will start on version 3.1, which will only have user interface enhancements. Maybe tighter integration with jEdit would produce a reasonable gui for linux. I will check out your syntax highlighter to make sure it catches everything.

Monkstone

Post by Monkstone »

I have just revised my syntax highlighting file to include 'clone' and 'transform', but more importantly for linux users, I've also update the associated commando script to support the quicktime movie output option. To use this you will need to compile the ffmpeg support with release version of CF3.0 (version 17+) see announcements.