Linux/(Probably) UNIX GUI at long last!

Here you can discuss and share functionality improvements and helper programs to make Context Free better.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

goose121

Linux/(Probably) UNIX GUI at long last!

Post by goose121 »

PLEASE NOTE: The interface is now in beta. Core features are all present (including exporting), now it just needs bugfixes/user input

Unlike the other *nix GUIs up to this point, this one is actually integrated with the rest of the code, rather than being a layer on top of the existing command line utility.

To build, run make qt in the top level.

The repo is at https://github.com/goose121/context-free
Also, input from users of other Unices would be appreciated, because I can't test on anything that isn't Linux
Last edited by goose121 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: Linux/(Probably) UNIX GUI at long last!

Post by MtnViewJohn »

This is very exciting! Email me if you need any help. I'm learning how to package for Debian. When this is ready I can make a ContextFree-Qt binary package.

goose121

Post by goose121 »

I have opened a pull request, as I believe that this UI is complete.

goose121

Post by goose121 »

Just an update on the status of this: it's not dead and I do plan to get back to it, however I have run into some hardware difficulties and I hadn't pushed my local changes in a long while, so I am not currently working on it for fear of work duplication and merge-conflict nightmares. I should be able to get back to work in about a month, though.