Saved Filename Is Always ^

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Saved Filename Is Always ^

Post by Guest »

In version 1.1 and 1.2 v7 when I save a file the filename is always just the caret character (^). No file extension. The file itself is fine; I just rename it to something.png.

I've searched the forums and haven't seen anyone else report this problem; so it may be unique to my system which is very stable.

I'm running Win98SE. Any ideas?

Love the program and this community.

Russ

robo git

Post by robo git »

Hmm... I've got several different versions installed side-by-side and they seem to have no issues with that. Sorry - maybe Mark or Chris?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I don't have a Win98SE (or a WinME) system so I haven't tested CF on anything except WinXP. So you type a filename into the Save File dialog and it gets saved as '^'? I will check into this.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Does it save it to the correct directory or is that wrong too?

rmmcclay

Post by rmmcclay »

MtnViewJohn wrote:Does it save it to the correct directory or is that wrong too?
It saves to the correct directory, the one I chose. When I go to save, the filename displayed is correct, an auto-generated name with the cfdg prefix is displayed. But the result saved filename is just ^.

I just installed the program on a Chinese Windows 98SE machine and got different results. If I use the Save Image button on the interface, it gives an Error saving file [Win32 error] ("not very useful"). If I choose Save Image from the menu under Render, it will successfully save; BUT on this machine, regardless of the name I type in to save as, the filename is the number 1 with 3 proceeding spaces and no file extension.

Appreciate you looking into this.

-r

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Put this file in your Context Free install directory and run it. I don't know if it will fix the problem. I used the more standard way to convert an ANSI file name string to the Unicode version that GDI+ requires.

I have no idea what is going on with the Save Image button under Chinese Win98SE.

rmmcclay

Post by rmmcclay »

MtnViewJohn wrote:Put this file in your Context Free install directory and run it. I don't know if it will fix the problem. I used the more standard way to convert an ANSI file name string to the Unicode version that GDI+ requires.

I have no idea what is going on with the Save Image button under Chinese Win98SE.
Works fine, also on the Chinese version (with the exception that the filename isn't automatically entered).

Many thanks!

Russ

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You mean that when you use the 'append variation code' option under Chinese Win98SE it doesn't work? Does the CFDG file name have non-ASCII characters in it?

rmmcclay

Post by rmmcclay »

MtnViewJohn wrote:You mean that when you use the 'append variation code' option under Chinese Win98SE it doesn't work? Does the CFDG file name have non-ASCII characters in it?
It does work under Chinese Win98SE. Disregard what I said about entering the filename for saving the png. I confused that with when you go to save a cfdg file.

Everything works fine now. Thank you!!