Picture showing in Gallery but not Gallery 2

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

flembobs

Re: Picture showing in Gallery but not Gallery 2

Post by flembobs »

Sorry to sound like a broken record - but another one was lost:

https://www.contextfreeart.org/gallery2 ... esign/4123

flembobs

Post by flembobs »

If I click 'view more' then it appears in that list. Just not on the main gallery.

Could it simply be I'm looking at a cached version of the page?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

There is something weird going on in the Python backend when is queries the database of uploaded designs. The Python code queries the database and gets back strange results. If I hand enter the exact same SQL query into the Mysql command-line tool I get the expected results.

I think the issue is in the Python libraries, not my code. I will try updating to the latest versions to see if it helps. I may have to redo the back-end in PHP. The old PHP-based gallery is rock solid, it just doesn't have the modern look.

flembobs

Post by flembobs »

Okay no problemo. Thanks for your dev time on the site.

Maybe it's a longshot but I know I had some problems with 'perfectly normal strings' in Python before.

In the end it came down to the encoding - the library I was using would break down with no helpful error message if the input file format wasn't UTF-8.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I think I may have fixed it. I'm using the mysql autocommit feature to talk to the gallery database but the python mysql connector library isn't setting autocommit up correctly. I have added code to explicitly turn on autocommit.