Cannot mix replacements and...

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Hyronymous

Cannot mix replacements and...

Post by Hyronymous »

I installed the Windows GUI version last night and starting going through the documentation to teach myself how to write the context-free grammar and draw.

While going throug the part on "Path declaration", I tried running the one example:

path iso {
ARCTO(0, 1, 0.5)
ARCTO(0, 0, 0.5)
CLOSEPOLY()
STROKE() [s 2 0.5]
STROKE(CF::IsoWidth) [s 2 0.5 y -0.75]
}

For both of the STROKE lines, the script fails to parse with an error message like "Cannot mix replacements and something something" (I'm at work, but I can post the exact message when I get home if that isn't enough to help.) I've tried running it here at work, using the Linux version, and the above parses and paints out fine.

Any thoughts?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: Cannot mix replacements and...

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I can't reproduce this. Do you get the error message "Cannot mix path elements and replacements in the same container"?

Hyronymous

Post by Hyronymous »

Yep, that's the message. I'm running version 3.0.6 (v35) - 64-bit on a Windows 7 machine. Here's the full message:

Reading rules file
Restarting as a version 3 design
Error - Cannot mix path elements and replacements in the same container

But yeah, if you can't reproduce it, then maybe I'll try reinstalling or just running the CLI.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I fired up my 64-bit Win7 VM and still didn't see it. Does it happen if you try it in the CLI version?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Also, if you click on the error message it highlights the error in the editor. What line is highlighted?