Help for research in teaching context free

Please check here FIRST if you are having difficulties with Context Free. This forum contains answers to the most common questions users have.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

mirandamolina

Help for research in teaching context free

Post by mirandamolina »

Hello, first of all i'd like to thank you guys for all this work and the great oportunities this developments brings. I am a math teacher, from Chile, and since January i have been teaching gifted to code images with context free and structure synth, in a program called Penta UC. Anyway, right now i'm interested in lines of research, specially in math education, and i'm wandering what kind of literature i can use for this. If you could point me in the right direction, to find literature of generative art and its teaching it would help a lot. In august i will start the 2nd version of this generative art course.

Thanks in advance for any help, and greetings from Chile.
Rafael

DeFleur

Re: Help for research in teaching context free

Post by DeFleur »

ever tried zhu3d math software ? google to find your closest download
point (free of charge). good luck.
kind regards from DeFleur

mfragin

Re: Help for research in teaching context free

Post by mfragin »

I know this is an older thread, but since it's on the FAQ list and future members may find it like I did:

I teach CS to high school students and use Generative Art as a context for many concepts. I've read most of the books on GenArt I can find, and also tried a lot of the available applications like Context Free Art.

I have started this project on GitHub: https://github.com/mfragin/helping-hands , which simply shares some of the beginning tutorials/sketches that I create for my students and for myself as I learn a new framework. You are welcome to help out or use anything on there. :)

If you want to discuss anything, just PM me on this forum and I'll get back to you.
Where there is smoke there is sure to be ... smoke. [Support Skepticism!]