Any chance for a Gallery zip file

Please check here FIRST if you are having difficulties with Context Free. This forum contains answers to the most common questions users have.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Deadhead_DMT

Any chance for a Gallery zip file

Post by Deadhead_DMT »

I was looking through the gallery.... wow!!!!

Just over 1200 entries.... most of them I want to study... but looking at them on the website is cumbersome for me (disability limitations) and so I was wondering if perhaps you have a zip file of all the entries to date with associated CFDG code so that I can study them offline. Or maybe in PDF form... either would be great...

Please advise... thanks in advance.. .and what a wonderful tool for creating some very awesome art.... Kudos to all the artwork submitters... excellent work everyone.... very inspiring...

Thanks again.... I look forward to hearing from you...
TEACH PEACE!!!

Yahya

Gallery zip file, or instructive examples?

Post by Yahya »

Hi Deadhead! :D

Me too - I heartily second your request. Altho' I'd actually be happy with just a few dozen instructive examples, with picture and the code that produces the most interesting features.

There's not much activity on these forums. No reply since last December? :( Like you, I have some limitations on how I use the computer, but perhaps I have more free time. Maybe we can team up and share information?

For starters, how about telling me the names of a few of the WOW!iest pictures in the gallery, and I'll see if I can't create a suitable zip file. Or I'll try to write up tutorials including some stunning example (if this is permissible, which I'll have to check first), explaining what features it uses, and how to go about doing something new using those features, then post them on the web.

This all assumes (somewhat cheekily) that I'll be able to suss out the important details. But I do have a lot of relevant experience with graphics, programming - and even graphics programming! Give me a week or two of messing around with Context Free, and I hope to show that I can use it effectively - or at least, understand what tools some other artists have used in Context Free to give form to their inspirations.
Regards,
Yahya

Convener, Graphics SIG
MelbPC (Melbourne PC User Group)
http://groups.melbpc.org.au/~graphics/

TorfusPolymorphus

Post by TorfusPolymorphus »

We've started a Tutorials section in the wiki. At the moment there's not too much there, though. Feel free to contribute! Also, if you'd like to see a tutorial for something specific, ask here in the forums. If time permits, I'd be happy to help :wink: